Here are some ways you can make money like we do at Frendshop.com
Get Cash ...
... or an Indirect Benefit
- Affiliate programs from which you get a pay-per-click or pay-per-purchase benefit
Our first Frendshop Partner, Pure Design, offers an affiliate program for people linking to their Yahoo! store. You'll get a link you can put in your web page, and a URL you can check to see how much money you've made. Interested?
Many individual companies, large (i.e. Amazon) and small (i.e. WallCandy Arts), offer affiliate programs. Just signup, copy and paste some text, and earn referral dollars from ad views, clicks, forms, etc.
There are also large affiliate programs that span thousands of sites, such as Commission Junction
- Advertising programs where you receive payment for ad placement
YouTube: add video to your site, get paid.
- Sites that allow you to create and sell things on-line, without a site of your own.
Cafe Press: this is just one of dozens of easy to use sites that allow you to create tshirts, mugs, clocks, promotional materials, etc. All you do is type in a text box or upload a picture, choose which items you want your witty saying or image on, and wait for the money to roll in.
- Tell folks about services or products you or your spouse offer on-line
- Use the links already on the site when shopping, which will add money to the Frendshop Kitty ... which you can then use to get free and discounted items.
- Sites that benefit your school or community organization, including sites that donate a percentage of sales to schools of your choosing, or search engines that give a portion of revenue to the charity of your choice.
Good Search: pick a cause or school, then use this as your search engine; each search generates money for your chosen cause.
- Charities that accept donations on-line, for causes that are very dear to you
American Institute of Philanthropy: this organization independently vets charitable organizations to ensure that your charitable dollars will be spent efficiently.
- List sites for which you can offer some form of discount for your friends (i.e. the large corporation you work for that offers employee discounts) ... maybe they'll return the favor!
But many of these suggestions require I have a website, right?
- Many of the abovementioned sites will provide copy-and-paste widgets which are designed to go on a blog, MySpace, Facebook, etc.
- Some of these options provide their own websites on which you can make your money. There are also MLM
schemes programs (www.etravel101.com, for example) where you are provided a website to resell others' services, and while many of these are entirely legit, we suggest you tread these waters carefully.
- We will eventually add a feature to this site where you can let your friends and family know about sites that benefit you, and they can do the same for you, and you can "shop first" at those sites where someone in your "Circle" gets something out of it.
Can you suggest other links like these?